As we head into the summer months, many of us have health and fitness top of mind. Who wouldn’t with beach/bathing suit weather upon us? Having a plan for to live a more active lifestyle will help attain your goals. And having a home in one of the area’s most active communities is sure to help as well!
Everything you need to experience a healthy lifestyle can be found right here in Willoughby.
Take a stroll.
Willoughby Town Centre is Langley’s first pedestrian oriented mixed use community. Residents here are always on the go. Whether they are headed down to Mattu’s for their morning coffee or over to Hakam’s Independent Grocer for a loaf of bread nothing is worth getting into the car for – it’s all a quick walk!
Hit the gym.
Exercise not only improves your flexibility, controls weight, strengthens and tones, it also improves your quality of life by helping you sleep, lifting your mood, and reducing stress. The Willoughby Community Centre located at the Langley Events Centre (a 5 minute walk away) offers drop-in fitness classes as well as a fitness studio and high performance fitness room. There are also several bootcamps in the area, like Body Buster Fitness, The Bootcamp Effect and Breakout Bootcamp that are great options.
Eating well is important to getting all the nutrients your body needs. Sticking to a healthy diet will keep you feeling energized and looking fresh. Located within Willoughby Town Centre, Hakam’s Your Independent Grocer, has a wide variety of fruits, vegetables and healthy made natural food options to meet your tastes and diet. The Langley Community Farmers Market (Wednesdays) at Kwantlen University, and the Fort Langley Village Farmers Market (Saturdays) are also both great sources of local farm fresh produce, gluten-free baking and natural products.
Partner up and have fun.
Getting active and eating healthy with a friend is a great way to stay focused and stop procrastinating. Stats show those who work out in a group setting exercise up to 200% longer than those who prefer to go unaccompanied.
We hope you find this information useful for getting you on the path for a healthy and active summer!
Most people dream to own their own home, and it is likely to be the most expensive purchase one will ever make. If you are like many young adults in BC, the reality of owning your own home might seem close to impossible. But by following these tips and tricks the dream of becoming a home owner can easily become a reality.
Start with a plan.
If you begin with a plan you are much more likely to reach your goal. Determine how much of a deposit you require, what saving techniques will be used and an overall timeline.
1. Watch your spending. Before you buy your first home, it is a good idea to track your current spending and begin to cut out things that are not really necessary.
2. Give up that morning coffee. Rather than popping through a Starbucks drive-thru try transferring the money you would have spent on coffee to a savings account. You will be amazed by how fast this can grow! Try the same for meals out.
3. Set-up an automatic payment plan. Treat your savings like a monthly bill. Plan for it in advance. Don’t view it as spending money that could be savings if it doesn’t get spent before your next pay day. Budget for it and ensure it makes it into a protected savings account where it’s untouched and can build interest.
4. Be sensible. It can be easy to be caught up in buying your new home, but it is important to stay within your means. While the banks may approve you for a larger loan, be realistic and take stock of your current financial situation. This is a big purchase, and life throws you curve balls along the way. Don’t get in over your head.
5. Start small. While your dream might include a large home with a white picket fence, it could be a good idea for you to start small. Get into the market, and begin building equity. You can upsize when you are ready – at least you will be building equity versus paying a stranger’s mortgage.
We hope you’ve found this information helpful. We invite you to stop in and check out the spacious homes offered at Kensington, Willoughby Town Centre’s first residential offering. The presentation centre is located at 20728 Willoughby Town Centre Drive in Langley.
As recently featured in the Condo Guide, the Willoughby Town Centre neighbourhood in Langley not only has a great location and unique character, but also an inviting style that says “welcome home.”
If you are a savvy homebuyer looking for an opportunity to be among the first to live at the very heart of a dynamic, master-planned community, then you will want to discover Kensington – located in Langley’s first true town centre where people can live, walk, eat, shop and play.
“I like places that are trendy and happening,” says one enthusiastic homebuyer. “Kensington definitely meets my criteria. Everything I need is right outside my front door.”
Kensington is located in Willoughby Town Centre at 20728 Willoughby Town Centre Drive. The Presentation Centre and display home are open daily 12PM to 5PM, except Fridays.
Read the full article here.
The spacious 1 bedroom, 1 bath layout at Kensington, with more than 650 sq. ft. of living space, is designed using quality materials and attention to detail one would expect to find in a custom home.
The spacious kitchen features modern, shaker style cabinetry, a full Stainless Steel appliance package and breakfast bar, perfect for entertaining friends and family. The Living and dining areas are conveniently placed next to the kitchen, and with the option for a Northern or Southern views, it’s easy to imagine summer nights with the doors thrown open to warm breezes while you dine with the mountain or village views as your backdrop.
The bedroom is spacious, offering plenty of room for your King size bed and dressers. His and her closets and the spacious spa-inspired ensuite are an added benefit to having more space. Priced from only $199,900, come in today to see it for yourself, and prepare to be impressed!
This is your opportunity to be among the first to live at the very heart of a dynamic, masterplanned community. Willoughby Town Centre is Langley’s first true town centre where people can live, walk, eat, shop and play.
Kensington is located in Willoughby Town Centre at The Presentation Centre and display home are open daily 12PM to 5PM, except Fridays.
Buying a new home is an exciting time for some, nerve-racking for others. Here are 5 things to consider when buying a new home that can help to set your mind at ease.
1. Location: It is very important to like where you are living. Most of us buy with a 5 – 20 year plan and if you don’t like the location, staying on plan may be tough. Do a bit of research and find out what the area will look like in 5 – 10 years.
2. Community: While similar to location, you will also want to know what is available within your community. Is there a rec centre nearby? Is transit close? Are the stores and services you want within walking distance or a 10 minute drive?
3. Layout: Ask yourself what concept are you looking for in your new home? Are you more partial to the open concept design, or do you love having a more compact design, making use of all the space?
4. Your personal needs: Also consider if your family dynamic may be changing. Will your family be growing, or will your kids be moving out in the near future? Are you downsizing, and looking for a location that is more accessible?
5. Commute to work: Unfortunately, many of us spend too much of our time commuting to and from work. Look for a home that is close to where you work, near a transit line, or close to someone who you can carpool with. This will help alleviate some of the daily stress.
Remember, even after considering all of the 5 points above, the most important one is that you love your new home. Other factors may change as the years go by, but if you love your home, you will be able to easily adjust to the changes.